Drawpile 0.9.3 released 2014-07-18
Version 0.9.3 of Drawpile is now out. This is a maintenance release that fixes a couple of regressions introduced in 0.9.2.
Changes in this version include:
- Paint tools on new windows are now enabled correctly
- Rectangle fill now works again
- Locked layers can no longer be merged
- Various other bug fixes and minor feature enhancements
Drawpile 0.9.2 released 2014-07-12
Version 0.9.2 of Drawpile is now ready, containing dozens of bug fixes and usability improvements, as well as a few new features.
New features include:
- Session hibernation, which allows persistent sessions to survive a server restart
- An experimental web admin API for the server
- Support for authenticated logins and moderator access on dedicated servers
- I18n support
Bulk of the changes in this version are bug fixes. Refer to the commit log and github issue tracker for a detailed list.
This version also breaks compatibility with recordings made with older versions! However, the changes also make the protocol more future proof, so there will probably not be another backward compatibility breaking change in a long time.
The chat functionality also changed in behaviour. Chat messages are no longer stored as part of the session, but are sent only to the currently logged in users. A chat may be marked as an announcement, however, in which case it will be stored for future users to see as well.
Drawpile 0.9.1 released 2014-06-03
Version 0.9.1 of Drawpile is now out!
This release fixes some bugs as well as introduces a few new features:
- SSL support for the client and the dedicated server
- Major memory leak fix
- New color selecting widgets
- New feature: tool slots for quickly changing between tool presets
- Various minor bug fixes