Version 0.9.10 of Drawpile is now available for download!
This release adds support for making simple animations!
Related new features are:
- New layer view modes (solo and onionskin) for working with layers as frames
- An animation preview window
- Animation export
- Support for loading animated GIFs (each frame is loaded as a layer)
Other new features are:
- Layers can now be inserted above the current layer, instead of always at the top
- LAN server discovery using Bonjour or Avahi (not yet enabled in the Windows version)
- Moving a selection now automatically moves the content too
- Autosaving (works well with Krita's file-backed layers!)
- Japanese and Russion translations
And a couple important bug fixes too:
- Fixed loading of recordings made with older versions
- Fixed filling of selections partially outside the canvas
Unfortunately, this release breaks protocol compatability yet again.
The next version will most likely be 1.0.0 and the start of the stable branch, meaning no more
protocol breakage until version 2.0!