Drawpile 0.9.6 released
Jan. 2, 2015 by callaa
Version 0.9.6 of Drawpile is now available for download!
The major improvements in this version are:
- New tool: Watercolor brush (picks up color from the layer)
- A pixel grid is now shown (if enabled) on high zoom levels
- Improved Mac support
- Better detection of disconnected clients
- Improved brush rendering (especially thin brushes)
- Support for playing back recordings made with all previous versions
Also, the new Windows an OSX builds are bundled with the newly released Qt 5.4 library, which should hopefully fix some Wacom related bugs.
As this release adds new painting features, the network protocol and recording format has changed. However, Drawpile now includes compatability code for loading recordings made with the previous version, so from now on, recordings made with version 0.9.2 or newer can be opened by all future versions (barring dramatic future changes to the protocol.)