Drawpile 2.0 beta 3 released
Feb. 4, 2017 by callaa
The third and final beta of 2.0 is now out!
This release adds all the remaining features that were planned for 2.0, including many features that went missing during the big rewrite at the start of the 2.0 development cycle.
New features include:
- File backed sessions (replaces session hibernation)
- GUI for adding and removing session announcements
- GUI for setting an operator password
- GUI for viewing session event log
- Session settings are now shown in a dialog window
- Login dialog now shows a progress bar until caught up. Login performance is also improved
- Annotations can now be aligned vertically
- Annotations access controls: protect individual annotations and limit annotation creation to operators
- Individual users can now be blocked from sending chat messages
- Chat message pinning fixed
- Tool slots replaced with a tool preset pie menu
- User accounts can now be configured in the server settings file
- Session template feature is back
- Improved server GUI
This version also introduced another few protocol changes, making it incompatible with beta2. The dptxt text format was also overhauled. This unfortunately breaks compatibility with all existing dptxt files. However, the new format is easier to read and more future proof, meaning files made with the new version should remain compatible with almost all future versions.
The next release will be 2.0 Release Candidate, and (if all goes well,) the next one after that will be the 2.0 stable. Please give the new version a try and report any bugs you might find at the issue tracker, the Facebook group or even just by email.