Version 0.9.9 of Drawpile is now available for download! This release completes the feature TODO list for 1.0.0. Notable changes in this release include:
- Improved brush cursor (crosshair is no longer shown)
- A new Lasso selection tool
- Selections and pasted images can now be rotated and flipped
- Quick view flipping and mirroring
- The color dock now has a "previously used colors" palette
- Notification sounds
- New bundled icon theme (Breeze)
- Support for dark color themes
Additionally, this release includes one last major feature before 1.0.0: public session listings. If you want to announce a session open to everyone, you can now do it directly from the Host dialog. There is currently one official listing server here at drawpile.net, but a sample implementation is available if you want to run your own.
The next release will be either 0.9.10 or 1.0.0, depending on how many (if any) serious bugs are discovered in this one. The 1.0.0 version will be the start of a stable branch, which will receive only bug fixes and backwards compatible feature enhancements until the next major version (2.0) is ready.