Version 2.0.4 is now out! This release introduces new features, but also fixes a couple of bugs.
Bugs fixed in this release:
- Fixed user lock and OP status getting out of sync with the server when joining back to a session
- Added missing error reporting if image saving fails
New features and improvements:
- There is now a dedicated brush slot for an eraser (eraser mode is permantenly active in this slot)
- Eraser as a separate tool is back. The eraser tool works works just like the freehand tool, but it only uses the new eraser slot
- Switching the currently selected brush into eraser mode is now done with a new shortcut:
- Added a new tool for drawing Bezier curves
- A size limit can now be set for the flood fill tool to protect against accidental fills.
- Flood fill tool now has an erase mode
And last, but not least, is the new Room Code feature.
When you announce a session, the list server assigns a random five letter code to it. This code can be entered into the server address box in the Join dialog in place of the full session address. All listed sessions get a room code, but it is most useful with the new private session type. When the listing mode is set to private, the session will not appear in the public list, but you still get a room code. This way, when you want to invite friends to a session but do not want to make it visible to the general public, just set the listing type to private and send them the room code.